This Cobbler not only tastes sensational, it’s a great preventative for the winter cold & Flu! Why?. Because New Zealand blackcurrants have 4 x’s the vitamin C of oranges and more antioxidants than blueberries, goji and acai berries… So, go on & get baking… It’s a MUCH better plan than opting for the flu shot, don’t you think! 🙂
Berry & Apple Mixture:
- 1 ½ tablespoons corn-starch
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 2 cups Sujon Blackcurrants
- 2 cups diced apples
- 1/8 cup Water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons milk
1. Preheat oven to 1800c.
2. Place the blackcurrants, apples, sugar and water in a pan, bring to boil and simmer for 10-15 mins.
3. Mix the corn-starch with a little water and add to the fruit. Stir until slightly thickened. Pour into 20cm baking dish.
4. Prepare the batter by mixing all of the batter ingredients together and whisking until smooth.
5. Drop the batter over the berry mixture.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
7. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice-cream.
Follow Us On Facebook www.facebook.com/superfruit
Follow Us On Twitter www.twitter.com/sujonberries
Follow us on Instagram www.instagram.com/sujonberries/