This is just the best cheesecake recipe!
Gluten Free Version: To make this recipe gluten free, it’s simple – just make sure to buy gluten free biscuits. If you like ginger, I’ve tried the gluten free ginger nuts and they taste great in the cheesecake.
TIP: If you want to be uber organized and make this in advance, you can freeze the cheesecake by wrapping in a double layer of glad wrap and a layer of foil – it will freeze for up to 4 weeks.
- 200g chocolate biscuit crumbs
- 50g butter, melted
- 360 grams cream cheese
- 2 tsp grated lemon rind
- 10 g gelatine powder/granules dissolved in 50 ml boiling water, cooled
- 250 g white chocolate, melted
- 200 ml Double cream, lightly whipped (best is ‘Lewis Road’ it’s organic- so no additive & stocked at most supermarkets)
- 150 g frozen *raspberries (do not defrost)
- 200 g fresh *raspberries
- icing sugar, to dust
- 1/2 cup berry jam melted with 2 tbsp boiling water
* You can use any of your favourite berries here. For example, strawberries work great as well.
- Combine the biscuit crumbs and butter and press into the base of a greased 20 cm spring form tin.
- Beat the cream cheese and lemon rind using an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in the gelatine mixture and chocolate until smooth, then fold in the cream and frozen raspberries.
- Pour the filling on to the prepared crumb base and refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Just before eating, decorate with raspberries, pour some of the melted jam over and dust with icing sugar.
Find your nearest Sujon Frozen Berries stockist here:
Purchase Sujon Blackcurrant Powder Direct
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Twitter